Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Those things called "Resolutions"

I've never been real big on the whole "New Year Resolutions" gig.  Let's face it, I rarely (if ever) accomplish the things I claim to be resolutions anyway.  For some reason I decided this year I would set a few goals and try my darndest (that's a word, right?) to check them off at least by the end of the year.  I figure with it being July, and basically halfway through the year, this would be as good of a time as any to look back to see how I'm doing.

Here are the resolutions I wrote down at the beginning of January and where I'm at with completing them:

1. Start a blog---
    Oh hey there! If you're reading this then we can obviously all say this together..."CHECK".  HOLLA!

2. Play more with the boys---
    I wrote this because I have gotten in the habit of cleaning while they're awake during the day, and sitting/laying down when they are napping/resting.  I realized that I was a lot more stressed about cleaning because they would both "get in the way" while I was trying to get the chores done, and all they wanted was some mommy time.  Still working on this, but I am making more of a conscious effort to stop and play when I feel myself or even the boys showing signs of frustration.

3. Read a book with Brenton---
    So we started reading The 5 Love Languages last year, and we really tried to get going during Lent, but life happens and we have NOT been successful with this yet.  I'm not giving up though!

4.  Weigh less than 200 lbs---
    Do you even know how hard it was to type that number?!  I know that it isn't about the number, its about how you feel.  But when you hit 200 (or more)  you don't feel too good about it.  At least I don't. P.S. have you ever noticed its mostly the naturally skinny people who say stuff like that?  God bless them for their awesome metabolism and ability to eat whatever and still stay at a healthy weight, but momma wasn't built that way.  I'm fine with that.....until someone brings out cake.  Then I'm not so fine. Mercy.  I digress.  I haven't been below 200 since before I had Jackson.  I've lost a little over 10 pounds so I'm almost there and I'm not giving up on this one!

5.   Read more spiritual books---
    I've read two.   I have about six on my shelf that I would like to get through.  I'm gonna chalk that up in the "win" column!  I'll try to add one or two more in for the year, but I'm happy with those two at this point.


That's them. My five little baby goals. To some, five might seem like too many.  To others, it may seem like "geez, Kaylee.  Only five?!"  Let's go ahead and realize that I'm not really known for my over achieving status, so we can all be proud that I even wrote some down.  Let alone have actually accomplished some!


What are some of your resolutions?

Have you accomplished any of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment