Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Weekend Recap 10.23-10.25


 

This past Friday was a rainy one.  THANK YOU, JESUS!  And with that came some cooler weather that was also much appreciated.  It was a Play-doh and pjs kind of day for my big boy while Gage was doing his thing by wandering around finding things to get into.


We take our Play-doh very serious around here.


While the boys were playing and listening to music I got the chance to do a little organizing and purging.  I decided to move some of their toys around and bring all of the book into the living room. Their books were in Jackson's room before, and he's always been a super fan of reading together so I decided that it would be nice to bring them all in to the living room and make them even more accessible.  I, of course, forgot to take a "before" picture, but I managed to get an "after' to show you how I have our book case set up....for now. 
 

 
 
I  know. The top half may look a little busy, I'm seeing that now that I'm looking at this picture again (HA!) but let's focus on the bottom half shall we?  Where the books are now, I had a few more of those clear boxes. One for cars, one for train sets.  There was also another little toy, you know the one with swirly pieces of wire and you move the beads from one side to the other.  Those all got moved to the book case in Jackson's room, which is essentially a mini version of this big guy we have in the living room.  Jackson's book case is from Target where as the one pictured is from IKEA. 
 
The Mr. got home and we all just continued to be rainy day lazies until it was time for me to get ready for a Girl's Night Out! HOLLA! I made dinner then braved the downpour that was taking place outside.  Unfortunately, I got a call while on my way and was informed that due to life GNO was a no go.  So, like any sane mother would do I DID NOT go home and took the opportunity to have a solo date at Panera.  Broccoli cheddar soup never tasted so good!
 
The next day, we did some chores around the house and hung out. Jackson's blastball game had been cancelled so we didn't have to be anywhere.  The boys and I then got ready to go to our two little cousins' (Raelee and Kyler) birthday Halloween carnival while, sadly, Brenton had to head to a funeral.  The Halloween carnival was a BLAST!  Any chance to get extra use out of those costumes is a win in my book.  My cousin April, who's made an appearance here before, hit it out of the park with this one.  There was a duck pond, a cookie walk, bean bag toss, football throw, basically all the games you could ever want to play at a carnival along with prizes.  That's right PRIZES!  Now let me shamelessly bombard you with pictures of my adorable children...
 

 

 
This is my cute cousin Amye with her son Austin.  Pretty much the cutest dragon that you ever did see!  Check out these adorable pictures she took and posted to Instagram
 
 
We wrapped Saturday with a dinner with my parents and two tuckered out ninja turtles.
 
 
Sunday, we got up and went to church (P.S. who else LOVED the gospel reading as much as I did?! More on that later! #foreshadowing)  After, we headed to a great spot we found close to downtown Denton called Roosters.  Super fun atmosphere and we enjoy the food.  This little guy let me snap a picture in between coloring and playing with the butter knives.  Yes.  Butter knives.  Its a fight I don't like having e v e r y time we go to a restaurant so I just give him the rules and we move on. 
 
We ended our Sunday by carving pumpkins out at my grandparents' farm.  I love getting to see them basically every weekend and the boys being around their great grands.  I'd say all in all, even with the rain, the weekend was great.  I'll be back soon with more posts for y'all :)  Until next time..
 
"Cutest parents" award winners.  Taking their selfies :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment