Monday, November 2, 2015

Weekend Recap 10.30-11.1



How is it already November?!?  Does anyone else know where this year has gone?  Sheesh.


This weekend was a fun one.  I mean they pretty much all are, but getting to celebrate Halloween was a good time!  I had such big plans for Friday.  Mother nature, however, decided otherwise.  We were planning on hitting up our town's downtown "Safe Spook" where all the stores have candy and the kids can walk around there followed by the elementary school's Monster Mash with games, prizes, FOOD, and bounce houses.  But alas, as I said before mother nature had different plans for us and everything got rained out.

After an appointment, I decided to run to Target (typical "no kids", mom outing) to pick up a few things.  Jackson was most excited about the new movie I picked up!  This kid LOVES him some Toy Story short films.  Last fall we recorded the Toy Story of Terror short Pixar put out, but I somehow deleted it and the boy was crushed.  On Friday the Target angels sang their sweet song and I found the movie on DVD and more importantly on SALE.  I may have done a little victory squeal/hop combo.  Don't judge.  I should tell you that we've now watched that darn movie about 23 times.

More importantly I found a beautiful new nail polish and an $8 dress. EVERYONE won on Friday!

On Saturday, Brenton decided it was a donut kind of morning and treated us to some sweet treats.  After enjoying those, the cleaning commenced!  We didn't get as much done as I would have liked, but hey, we tried so I'll call that a win.  Our church had their "holyween" carnival, and we invited the grandparents to come along so they could see the boys in their costumes.  A great time was had by all as expected and we ended the excursion with a trip to Frilly's.  Frilly's is an amazing Cajun food restaurant in Denton.  You much check it out if you're in the area!  Here are a few pics from the carnival...






That evening, we headed north to visit my grandparents and do some trick or treating.  We ended up in the historical part of my parents' town where all the big, beautiful, old homes are and it was hoppin!  We came out on top as far as candy goes, and had a successful first official night of trick or treating.  I have to say, I think we had the cutest Ninja Turtles of all!  Honestly, I had been perusing the world of Pinterest for a while trying to come up with the best costume ideas when, once again, the Target vortex took me in and threw a "Buy one get one free" sign in my face.  You can bet your bottom dollar I completely ditched all other ideas and scooped up two turtle costumes and two weapons all for about $40.  WOOHOO!


 

Sunday morning came and bright and early my dad was here to pick up Brenton to go to the deer lease.  Opening weekend for deer season is next weekend and the men had to go take care of man stuff to make sure they're all ready.  The boys and I got ready and headed to Mass.  I'll be honest and tell you I took the easy road and dropped the littles off in the nursery so I could celebrate Mass alone. It was pretty awesome!  The readings, the songs, Fr Tim's homily, everything tugged at my heart strings so it was nice to be able to fully engage.  After, Jackson insisted on having a cheese hamburger (as he calls them) from Braums so that's where we dined for lunch.
of course a photo shoot had to happen....these are the best I got HA!


The boys and I closed out the weekend with heading back up to my grandparent's house for dinner and hanging out with some family.  My mom's cousin is on her way back up to OKC so she's stopped and we got to see her as well. 

I hope you all had a happy and safe Halloween.  Thankfully Sunday was All Saints Day so we are calling even more on our heavenly intercessors for extra prayers for all those affected my the floods down south and pray that everyone stays safe.  More rain is expected this week, so I just hope its at levels that can be controlled and there isn't anymore damage.  We are also saying prayers and giving thanks for all of those who are no longer with us as Monday is All Souls Day.  May they all be rejoicing in heaven with the saints and angels singing praises to our most holy Lord. 

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment