Friday, August 7, 2015

Its Friday! Its Friday!

And we finally have wifi again!!! I apologize for my absence this past two weeks.  Trust me, the struggle was r e a l.  I have so many things to tell you about that I've been doing, and I'll have to find someway to catch you all up, but to start lets just look a some good ol favs of mine on this ridiculously hot Friday.



 


 
ONE
This weekend the boys, myself, my parents, my sister, and a few other extended family members are hoping on an Amtrak train and heading north to Oklahoma City to visit my mom's cousin and her husband. Jackson is FREAKING OUT because of this trip.  Its all he can talk about, plus Judy (mom's cousin) has a pool, and owning a pool is one of the quickest ways to that little boy's heart.
 
TWO
I am loving everything about this book!!

 When I first picked it up at Half Price Books, I was nervous that it wasn't going to be what I was looking for.  I had concerns about it not being in line with the teachings of the Catholic Church, but boy was I wrong! It is wonderful.  I'm only a little way through and I can already tell you that I'll be recommending this to my mom's group book club.  Here's a link to check it out!  Is it me or does that lady on the cover look like Kourtney Kardashian?! Yes?
 
 
THREE
This song...
 
I have an entire blog post about this amazing song that I've been trying to write for about a month now, but I can't seem to eloquently put in to words what goes through my head when I hear it. Let's just say it gives me all the feels.
 
FOUR
 The blog At Home with Natalie. 
At Home With Natalie
I mentioned her real quick here.  Her Instagram is awesome, as well.  She's adorable, her (growing) family is precious, and I just really think that we would be best friends.  You know, if it wasn't for the whole "her living on the other side of the country" thing.  Some of you may know her as the "Busy Budgeting Mama", but Natalie just went through a re-branding and I think she's done such a great job at really identifying what she is about.  Go check her out and let her know I sent you! Maybe she'll realize she's got a best friend here in Texas.  If you read this I promise I'm not that creepy, Natalie!
 
FIVE
I think this one is pretty obvious.  The wonderful treasure that is wifi is totes on my list.  Yes, I know there are other ridiculous (I'm looking at you Donald Trump) and terrifying things to worry about, but the anxiety I would get every time I knew our cellular data  amount was going down was a little much.  Shout out to the nice tech who surprised me yesterday in the middle of this weeks laundry-fest and didn't judge me too much for the craziness that was going on up in here.  Hey, gotta give a girl a head's up, dude.
 
 
I won't count these cuties because they are a constant favorite, but I HAVE to leave a picture because I'm sure you need a little pick-me-up
 
 
I would love to hear what some of your favorite things are lately.  Leave me a comment, and let me know what you've been up to!  Can't wait to hop on the train this evening.  I've baked cookies which I'm thinking may not have been the best idea seeing how I'm supposed to be in a bathing suit tomorrow, but let's face it when have I ever turned down a cookie.  Bathing suit or not.
 
 
 
 I'm linking up with these two lovelies:
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment