Monday, May 18, 2015

Weekend Review (5.15-5.17)

  Oh how I love weekends.  I especially love weekends with lots of "us" time when there aren't a lot of scheduled events or places we HAVE to be.  I love a good birthday party or cookout but, as you know, sometimes we can get a little over extended, lose track of the days, and before we know it the whole weekend is over! 

  This weekend started with us loading up with the Mr on Friday night, and we took Jackson to get his haircut.  I like to try and tell myself that since I watched a YouTube video I can now moonlight as a hairdresser, but let's be real here I'm much better at simply maintaining what the professionals send me home with.  After the trim session we walked next door for some free ice cream Dickey's BBQ where we ran into some sweet friends.  Then, to top off the night, we made a quick Wal-Mart run for some Icy Hot patches. (I somehow managed to hurt my back something fierce early Friday morning and needed a little relief.)
                     

  Saturday morning we decided to try and get out of the house before the rain started again and hit up the community market in the town next to ours.  We had tried to make it the weekend before, but a monsoon came through and we didn't take our canoe to town so alas, no market that day.  This time, however, we hit the jack pot!  There's just something about buying fresh produce from local farmers that makes the whole experience fun.  Even if it means were paying a little more than we would at the grocery store.  There are all kinds of vendors at this community market with their handmade goods, a few food trucks usually show up and live music which all makes for a wonderful start to your day. Here are a few pics from the market trip...

Our loot


                                         

Buy those strawberries over there, MOM!


 
 
 
 
  After the market, we went to get some MUCH NEEDED maintenance done on our car.  I am happy to tell you that Eleanor is up to date on everything, and got a clean bill of health from the kind gentleman at Kwik Car.  A quick drop off at Goodwill later we pulled up back at the house.  My sweet husband was awesome enough to watch both the boys while I joined some of my cousins at the movie theater to watch this little movie you may have heard about called PITCH PERFECT 2!  It was too cute and I highly recommend seeing it!  And as any good movie night goes, we had to hit up some grub afterwards.  We drove down the street to Chuy's and enjoyed some delicious Mexican food.  Word to the wise, if you have a Chuy's relatively close to you, GET THERE! So delish!  We just so happened to make a few friends when we were leaving, but when they realized we didn't come bearing gifts they sadly decided the friendship wouldn't last very long.
our new comrade
  Sunday was the usual routine.  Actually, no.  I take that back.  We have a teething 11 month old which means Saturday night/Sunday morning was anything but usual.  So much crying, so much fussiness.  Not much sleep.  One of the joys of parenthood.  Seriously though, its all forgotten as soon as he gives one of his scrunchy-nosed grins.  After all that craziness, Sunday actually WAS pretty routine.  We cleaned up a little around the house, and I started getting ready for Mass.  The boys (dad included) all fell asleep for late naps so I ended up going to church solo.  I've got to tell ya, as much as I enjoyed being engaged in the readings, singing, and fully internalizing all that was going on I missed my guys.   Celebrating the Eucharist was/is so amazing, and it is even better when my whole family is there with me. 
 
  Then with a quick trip up to the farm to see my Memaw, Grandpa, and extended family the day was over.  And there went the weekend.  Like I said, I am so thankful for the family time we got to have this weekend.  My guys are my favorite and we have too much fun together.  I so can't wait to see what God has in store for our future.
 
 
love love,
Kaylee :)

1 comment:

  1. I find it hilarious that both our cars are named Eleanor!

    ReplyDelete