Tuesday, November 22, 2016

I've got Texas in my soul.

This past weekend we loaded up Eleanor, our silver stallion...our mini van, and took a road trip.  I kept wanting to blare "Southbound 35" by Pat Green because, as everyone should know, any good road trip to San Marcos starts with that song, but I got vetoed by our mini passengers and instead got to listen to "The Lion King". 


Side note, to those of you who have to drive through Fort Worth everyday, good. Lord.  I seriously think that for every 30 minutes (at least!) one sits there they are working off some of their time in Purgatory. Brutal.

We were heading down for a friend's wedding which was taking place in Kyle.  A town between Austin and San Marcos.  I was "nonchalantly" hinting that we should stay in Buda, another town between Austin and San Marcos, so I could commence my stalking of Jen Hatmaker, find her, and make her realize that we should be the best of friends.  In a totally "I promise I'm not a creep. I'm a really fun, normal person. Please be my friend." kind of way.  Alas, we posted up in Kyle at about 8:45 Friday night and my stalking friend finding dreams were shattered.  The boys had taken amazing naps on the way, for which we ended up paying. Gage was literally running in circles and back and forth between the rooms.  Yes, I said ROOMS.  Thanks to last minute planning, which in case you didn't know is a specialty of mine, the only room left was a suite.  Trust me, I'm not complaining!  Once everyone calmed down, we watched some Muppets Christmas and the boys ended up going to sleep fairly easily.  This is where I would insert all the praise hands.


 The next morning we got up, ate breakfast, and headed to San Marvelous.  (For you outsiders, that's what we call San Marcos because it really is the best place. Ever.)  We drove around, got to show the boys the Catholic Student Center where Brenton and I met, and walked al little bit of the campus.  It was so fun walking some of the same steps with my babes.  I may have gotten a little emotional (thank you pregnancy hormones) watching the boys climb the 1,534 steps of the library.


 Although, I must tell you, the steps were not as hard to take as I remember.  A friend reminded me that's because I'm not walking them everyday, while running late, and starting at the bottom of the hill.  I think its because I'm in better shape now.  Yeah, that's got to be it.   After a trip to the bookstore, where I may have lost my mind over the cuteness of a baby dress for a bit, we started our last trek back to the car. 

 
 
 
P.S. I can't wait to take baby girl to a football game in this next year!!
 
 


On our last set of steps, Gage decided to take his inaugural wipe out and bring home a special souvenir.  I told the husband that maybe this just means when he's a freshman he will be less likely to crash and embarrass himself in front of friends since he got it out of the way so young.  We shall see.



After a trip to Alvin Ords for the BEST SANDWHICH EVER, we headed back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding.  We had a check out time of 1 o'clock which gave me so much anxiety that we would be ready that early for a 4:30 wedding, but it ended up being perfect.  We got to drive to some of our favorite surrounding towns and the boys took another awesome nap.  The wedding was beautiful and we got to catch up with some old friends which is always a favorite thing to do. I, obviously, forgot once again to take a dang family picture while all being dressed up.  Forgetting to take pictures is also a specialty I'm realizing I have.



This kid and his sweet smile melt my heart! His mom is pretty awesome, too.
We decided to just leave from there and make the trip back home that night.  The boys were champs for taking such a short but long trip with us, and to reward us for being amazing parents they gave us a 6:30 am wake up call on Sunday.  Thank you, my sweet children. Sunday was wonderful and relaxing except for one "tiny" hiccup...



 Gage was sitting here for a solid 8 minutes and said the basket was his "hoopty"
 
The "hiccup".  One of the boys snapped my glasses in half.  The investigation into who done it is still open. Call 1-800-Thank Goodness They're Cute, if you have any information.

...thankfully I am my mother's daughter and I kept my old pair from college. Yay. Oh, and Jackson opened my contact case last week which allowed my only pair to dry out, so I'm back to living in glasses for the time being. Double Yay. Que sera sera. am I right?  Now we're gearing up for Thanksgiving later this week.  Hoping we can finally get rid of Jackson's hacking cough and Gage's phlegm situation. You're welcome for that delicious insight into my life right now. 


I'm currently taking inventory of all of my clothes to decide what I'm wearing.  I'm ranking them by comfort and stretchiness, of course. 


No comments:

Post a Comment