Wednesday, October 26, 2016

A Quick Recap and Story Time


A quick recap incase we aren't friends on the book of face or Instagram:

  
  1. I'm pregnant


  2. Its a GIRL!


I'm so excited and yet still in awe of the fact that this sweet little human in my belly is a girl.  I'll be honest, I'm having a little bit of an issue of not feeling as "connected" to this pregnancy as I have in the past.  I mean, I'm a Copeland.  According to recent history, Copelands only make boys.  Thankfully, I've had two sweet friends reassure me that they kind of went through the same thing and I'm not crazy. I'm really looking forward to the day we meet this little sweetie. 

You're probably wondering how we found out, right?  Well, the day I had my appointment the Mr. couldn't make it so it was just me and Gage.  Jackson was in school.  I was only 15 weeks and was trying not to get my hopes up incase baby was being modest the tech couldn't see anything during the ultrasound.  I was trying to entertain Gage and was halfway paying attention to the screen.  Once I see the little heart beating I relax a little don't always pay 100% attention.  Anyway, she all of a sudden said "ok we're done."  I was shocked with how fast everything went and, with as little disappointment I could muster, I asked if she was able to see anything.  She said "Yep."  This is where I was internally screaming/freaking out, but trying to play it totally cool and nonchalant.  I had her write down her findings on a piece of paper and put it in an envelope.

I texted Brenton that we had the results and he kept telling me to open it, but I didn't want to look without him.  We had talked about giving the results to my sister and letting her surprise us, or possibly Brenton and me knowing then surprising our families, but I wasn't sold on anything that day so I decided we would wait. Ashlie and I left to go to a family wedding that weekend so I kept the envelope at her place so no one would be tempted to peek!

On Monday, I threw a bomb at Brenton and told him he could look but it was then up to him to surprise ME! Hey, I get to tell him when we're pregnant so I figured this could be his thing. Plus, it took some pressure off me.  I wish I could have gotten a picture of his face, y'all.  You could actually see the wheels start spinning in his head.  I told him just to hop on Pinterest which put him a little at ease.  He played it cool all week and simply told me not to plan anything for us on Friday night. 

Friday rolled around and that evening we loaded up and took off.  I kept asking what we were doing and, most importantly, if it would involve food.  Mama's got to eat! We (thankfully) pulled into a Mexican restaurant, and as we were walking up I saw his parents.  He had called them, my parents, and my sister. With his brother and sister-in-law living so far away they couldn't make it, and we definitely missed them.  He had ordered a cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes.  Which, if you haven't had a cake from there stop whatever you're doing RIGHT NOW and go order one.  Flipping delicious. I'll wait here while you do that........

Okay, moving on.

The cake was decorated so cute! We obviously weren't going to wait until after eating dinner to find out so we went ahead and brought that sucker out ASAP!



 
 

Please excuse the blurriness.  I may have been flailing around a little.



There was a sweet little rattle sitting in the middle of the cake.  All I saw was pink! I had to look at the other side that said "Its a Girl" before it actually set in what was happening.  After all the squeals of excitement and congratulations from everyone, Brenton handed me a little present that had the sweetest little outfit in it. He said he new I would be shopping as soon as I could and wanted to be able to say that he bought baby girl her first outfit. :) 

Can't. Handle. The. Tiny. Cuteness.

After that we sent messages to our BIL and SIL and other family who had been patiently waiting and went on with dinner.  This will be the first granddaughter on both sides of the family and I can only imagine the amount of love she has and will have once she's here.

Holy cow, you guys.  I'm having a girl.  How do I do this???


 


No comments:

Post a Comment